Lore is an award-winning, critically-acclaimed podcast about true life scary stories. Our fears have roots. Lore exposes the darker side of history, exploring the creatures, people, and places of our wildest nightmares.
Because sometimes the truth is more frightening than fiction.
Each episode examines a new dark tale from history in a style similar to a campfire experience. With over 4,500 5-star reviews on iTunes and over 4-million average monthly listens, that's clearly a good thing.
New episodes are released every two weeks, on Mondays.
Aaron is the writer, host, and producer of Lore, as well as the author of a number of supernatural thrillers. Aaron has a deep love of the mysterious and frightening that began with Unsolved Mysteries and The X-Files — a love that continues to this day. Basically, he's a nerd for anything unexplainable or supernatural.
Aaron lives with his family in the historic Boston area, in the very heart of Lovecraft Country and the epicenter of the Salem witch trials. You can follow him here on Twitter, and learn more about him on his website.
Yes, Lore is on its way to the small screen! While the process began just 6 months after Lore was launched, the news didn't go public until April 2016. Aaron is working with two powerhouse companies to make it happen: Propogate Content (with former NatGeo head Howard T. Owens and former NBC head Ben Silverman), and Valhalla Entertainment, the producer behind The Walking Dead.
In October of 2016 it was announced that the Lore television adaptation has been picked up by Amazon Studios, and a full 10-episode season has been ordered. Also revealed, Glen Morgan (legendary X-Files writer and producer) has joined the team as showrunner. The expected premiere is sometime mid-2017.
- 10/28/16 – Paste Magazine
- 10/28/16 – The Guardian
- 10/25/16 – The OC Register
- 10/18/16 – USA Today
- 10/16/16 – Esquire Magazine
- 10/14/16 – Inc
- 10/12/16 – Adweek
- 10/6/16 – Deadline
- 10/6/16 – Variety (Amazon orders Lore series)
- 9/06/16 – Wired
- 8/29/16 – Adweek
- 4/20/16 – Hollywood Reporter (TV Show News)
- 4/10/16 – The Atlantic
- 1/14/16 – Entertainment Weekly
- 1/18/16 – USA Today
- 1/17/16 – Nerdist
- 4/11/16 – The Salem News
- 11/1/15 – The Guardian
- 10/30/15 – Huffington Post
- 10/7/15 – Columbia University Case Study
- 10/5/15 – Hartford Courant
- 10/1/15 – Ways We Work
- 9/11/15 – The Midnight Society
- 9/01/15 – Podcast Broadcast
- 7/20/15 – Icons of Fright
Other Podcast Appearances:
- PodCast411 (ep. 233)
- OriginStori (9/1/16)
- Systematic (ep. 169)
- NHPR's 10-Minute Writer's Workshop
- Digital Writes (ep. 11)
- Into the Fray Auxiliary (ep. 1)
- Bleeding Ink (ep. 11)
- Nerd for a Living (ep. 52)
- Create if Writing (ep. 15)
- The official Patreon Podcast (ep. 18)
- Black Tapes Podcast (bonus episode)
- Show Me Your Mic (ep. 86)